Student candidates for the NUEC 2 program may already possess certification in other first aid and medical training programs. For those candidates with demonstrated proof of certifications(s), PEAK has developed a specialized training program: the NUEC 2 Bridging Course. The NUEC 2 Bridging Course has been designed to adapt and upgrade a candidate's previous skills and knowledge base to manage the emergency medical care problems encountered in the non-urban environment.
Prospective NUEC 2 Bridging Course candidates must complete a Prior Learning Assessment and Recognition (PLAR) application to determine eligibility for admission to the NUEC 2 Bridging Course; click here to complete the on-line PLAR.
CERTIFICATION MAINTENANCE - NUEC 2 Providers are required to attend, annually, an Annual Skills Update Course or recertify after 3 years.
||$250 (tax exempt)
||1. Minimum 19 years of age
2. Speak & write English fluently
3. Pre-read: 30 hours (student dependent)
4. Previous (not to have expired greater that 2 years) &/or current certification in an accredited training program that meets that meets or exceeds the 'Standard First Aid' training standard & that is recognized by PEAK, such as but not limited to: CSP, Wilderness First Aid, etc.
5. Student Candidates must complete a Prior Learning Assessment & Recognition (PLAR) application to ensure that they meet the program's requirements.
6. Physically & mentally fit; self-declaration of fitness is required
|- NUEC 2
- CPR Level 'HCP'